Solar Cold Storage Solutions
India has around 6,300 cold storage facilities, with a capacity of 30.11 million tonnes. However, some 75-80 per cent of these refrigerated warehouses are suitable only to store potatoes, a commodity that produces only 20 per cent of agricultural revenue.
Presently India has a huge number of Solar cold storage units running on Diesel Generators and intermittent Grid that result in inefficiency and an increased operating cost for the owner.
Typically the cold storage electric loads are non-continuous consisting of Main Compressor Motor (100-200hp), Pump Motor (10-30hp), Blower Motors (2-10hp), and a number of Fans.
- As a result the capacity of DG Set is over 2.5 times the normal running loads.
- This results in an increased cost/ unit with DG Set running.
- A pure Grid Export (or Grid-Tie) Solar Solution does not address the day-night or occasional running requirement.
- Statcon Energiaa offers State-of-the-Art Solar Hybrid Solution which caters to the 24 x 7 need of Solar cold storage and can also export excess Solar Energy into Grid thus increasing the return on investment. With speed control of the motor’s availability in the plant, a system can be designed for increase in efficiency and reduction in Electricity bills- which is a major operating cost.
- The complete system is built around Solar Panels + special VFD Inverters + Battery +Bi-directional Hybrid Inverters- all controlled through a PLC with remote monitoring.
- Special care is taken in Battery selection as well as its type with monitoring so as to get effective service and long life.
- While day time loads are shared by Solar+Grid+Battery, the night time loads are shared with Battery+Grid or Battery+DG.
- The system can be integrated with existing VFDs, if already available.
- Excess Solar Energy generated can be exported to grid on any day
- The product design and its after-sales support is backed by 26 years of experience of the Company’s team.
- Similar solutions can also be customized for cold chains/ warehouses.