Solar Hybrid Inverter Vs. Off Grid Inverter
- Posted by: Energiaa
The Hybrid PCU looks identical to Off-Grid but the difference lies in the Bi-directional Inverter-Converter technology which makes it different from normal Off-Grid PCU. Its features are:
- POWER SHARING: Solar Hybrid Inverter uses Grid + Solar (+ any other DC source as well e.g. Rectified Hydro or Wind Energy) in a true power sharing prioritized manner to the run entire load, thus reducing the daily grid consumption. Only the remaining load which is more than the solar power capacity is drawn from the Grid, thus giving the maximum possible savings. On the other hand solar off grid inverter does not share the Power. Solar power supplies to the primary load while grid power supplies the secondary load. When Solar PV is absent then whole load is supplied by Grid.
- BATTERY LIFE: The Solar Hybrid Inverter ensures that Battery Remains in Peak charge condition most of the time. Thus the battery discharges from a fully charged level instead of some mid-level position. This is possible as the battery is charged immediately by sharing of maximum power between sources so that it is always faster charged. Compared to this, Off Grid Inverter charges the battery either through solar OR through Grid. Thus Hybrid ensures a longer battery life.
- GRID SYNCHRONISED: Remains synchronized with grid, thus all the solar power produced is fully utilized for captive consumption.
- EXPORT TO GRID: A major worry of Off Grid Inverter is that the solar power produced is generally during the day time when most people are at their jobs and besides battery charging, the rest of the power gets wasted. In Solar Hybrid Inverters EXPORT TO GRID FEATURE is available so that any excess energy produced during the lean load periods is exported to the Grid. This means that the system pays you even when you are not using it. Thus the Payback period is shortened as there is Zero wastage of excess energy by the implementation of net metering.
- CHARGING BY TOD: Nowadays most commercial establishments worldwide and in India are charged by the TIME-OF-DAY rate of electricity charge. This means that the electricity rate slab is higher during the working hours or office time and comes down significantly during the night time. Statcon Energiaa’s Hybrid Solar Inverter can be programmed to charge the battery via grid according to the TIME OF DAY so that batteries can be charged when the rates are low and be used in the daytime along with solar when the rates are higher. Hence it uses Grid power to charge Battery in a controlled / programmed manner.
- USED ALONG WITH DG SET: Can be used to supply Excess Peak AC power along with Grid / DG set.
- NIGHT MODE: Has the additional feature of shutting down at night time when the Grid is present to save on NO LOAD transformer magnetizing current losses. These losses are significantly high in the off grid inverters of higher range capacity. In Night mode it provides backup electricity but with a 12 second delay and gives enormous financial savings as well.
To see the Hybrid Solar Inverter working presentation, Follow this link: Hybrid Solar Inverter ppt
and click here to see Statcon Energiaa’s range of Hybrid Solar Inverters